Delegation of Responsibilities
SOP for delegation of initial contact and screening notes
The Research Office have launched the latest version of RDSOP04 Procedure for identification of potential participants in research studies and delegation of clinician responsibility to Research Delivery Team (RDT) staff
- Team managers will be able to sign this to delegate responsibility for screening and first contact to a member of the RDT.
- This will be used by the RDT to help staff quickly identify service users who may be suitable to be contacted.
- It will help staff to offer research projects as soon as they become available to their service users.
- Service users can be contacted directly about research opportunities if appropriate.
- Service users will have access to therapies and treatments that may otherwise not be available to them.
- Service users will not be contacted unless a discussion has been had previously with their care co-ordinator to ensure it that it is an appropriate time to get in touch.
Please speak with your local research link about how we can make it easier for you to get information to service users about research opportunities to find out your local research link please contact ResearchOffice@gmmh.nhs.uk
As a service user, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support.
Find resources for carers and service users Contact the Trust