Living Well Salford is a community mental health service, delivered in partnership between GMMH, Mind in Salford, Six Degrees, Wellbeing Matters and START. It’s jointly funded by GMMH, NHS Salford Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and Salford Primary Care Networks.
Who is Living Well for?
- If you need more support for your mental health than your GP can offer but a bit less than a Community Mental Health team.
- If your social situation is having a negative impact on your mental health.
- If you are experiencing distress due to trauma.
Who is in the Core Team?
The Living Well Team is multidisciplinary, and includes an occupational therapist, nurse, recovery worker, psychiatrist, psychologist, peer mentors and social workers.
We do mental health support differently, with a focus on your skills, aspirations and experiences. We put your strengths and lived experience at the centre to help you recover and stay well as part of your community.
What can we do?
- Trauma Informed Care
- Relational Support
- Practical support e.g. housing, finances
- Access to employment
- Peer Mentoring
- Support to take part in activities
- Education about mental health
- Strengths-based support
- Solution-focused care
- Coping strategies
- Strategies for anxiety management and living with low mood
- Activity groups
- Making community connections, signposting to groups and opportunities
- Helping you to access the right medication
“Thanks for taking your time to ring me every week, it is really good to know there is a service out there like this to help people who are struggling.” - DY, service user
“I’ve only been here for six weeks, but the difference it’s made to my mood already is amazing. This is the best thing that’s happened to me.” - Heather, service user