Return to Practice for Allied Health Professionals
Have you previously been registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)?
- Have you been out of practice for more than two years?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to update your skills and knowledge and return to the register?
- Are you unsure what to do next?
Well, look no further!
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust can support with providing a supervised practice which will help to fulfil the number of hours required to return to practice.
We can discuss your needs and if appropriate, arrange a suitable placement within your profession. You will be supervised and supported during the placement by a clinician who is employed within GMMH.
Our Trust employs several AHPs and we are able to offer return to practice support to the following AHPs:
- Art Therapists
- Music Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech and Language Therapist
A period of updating skills and knowledge needs to be undertaken, which includes a combination of formal study, private study, and supervised practice. There are a minimum number of days a person will need to complete to update their skills/knowledge, depending on the time they have been off the HCPC register:
- 0-2 years out of your profession - no requirements
- 2-5 years out of your profession - 30 days of updating
- 5 years out of your profession - 60 days of updating