Lead Provider Collaborative for Greater Manchester Adult Secure Services
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMMH) is the lead provider of the Greater Manchester Adult Secure Provider Collaborative, from 1 October 2021.
NHS-led Provider Collaboratives are local partnerships of organisations which provide specialised mental health services, and they are being established across England.
From October 2021, the responsibility for the commissioning of regional Adult Secure Mental Health Services transferred from NHS England & Improvement to the Greater Manchester (GM) Adult Secure Provider Collaborative. This transfer is in line with national policy and underpins the ambitions of the NHS Long Term Plan.
The formation of this collaborative gives the NHS and the independent sector organisations across the region the opportunity to improve care and outcomes in Adult Secure Mental Health Services.
The collaborative will manage adult low and medium secure services and the Forensic Assessment and Support Team across Greater Manchester, covering a total population of 2.55 million.
As lead provider, GMMH will have oversight of the whole Adult Secure Care Pathway in Greater Manchester as a commissioner as well as a provider of services. Together with our partners, we are transforming services by:
- Working with Rethink to ensure people using our services, carers and advocates are central to any decision making and have the opportunities to inform and develop the future direction of the Provider Collaborative
- Streamlining referral and assessment pathways
- Reducing the length of time people need to stay in secure services
- Keeping people closer to home and avoiding out of area placements
- Delivering better quality services and outcomes for service users and their families and carers
- Reducing health inequalities
- Listening to the views of service users, families, carers, and the wider community to help shape the future of services
- Discharging service users in a timely manner with good support in the community
- Working with the Greater Manchester Integrated Care System to develop alternative pathways to admission, and enhance opportunities for step down and discharge.
What is a NHS-led Provider Collaborative?
Working in Partnership With