Changes to the Library and Knowledge Service
Following the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, the library has returned to its normal service.
We continue to provide support for literature searches, current awareness and general enquiries. We can also provide library inductions and training virtually over MS teams, please see below for our contact details to book a session.
The Curve Library, Prestwich
- Opening hours Monday to Friday 08.30-16.30
- There are 6 PCs available for staff use, plus 2 PCs for service users and guests
- The book return box will remain outside of the library space
- The wearing of facemasks is now a matter of personal choice for all library visitors
To arrange a training session, and for any other library enquiries please contact us by using the details below:
Phone: 0161 358 1772
Library and Knowledge Service Safety Charter
The Library and Knowledge Service COVID-19 Safety Charter gives information of how we are working to keep library users safe and our expectations of those visiting the library.
Click and Collect Service
You can reserve books to collect from the library.
To make a reservation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the details of the items you would like to borrow and when you are able to collect them. Timed appointments for collection are not required.
You can also make reservations over the phone by calling 0161 358 1772
To reserve books:
- If you know which book you would like, please include the title and author when you email or call to reserve.
- If you don’t have a specific book in mind, you can send us a topic and we can send you a list of relevant books for you to choose from.
- You can also search for books using our catalogue - see the Library Catalogue page for details
- Please note that currently the Heritage catalogue is NOT an interactive site, and you will be unable to reserve or request books directly online. Please contact the GMMH LKS service for ANY items you want to request or borrow.
- We aim to turn around requests in 24 hours or less, but at busy periods this may take longer, especially if the book is being sent from another library
- Books will be held for a maximum of one week. If you do not collect the items and don’t contact us, the items you reserved will be returned to the shelves
Booking a PC
The Curve Library, Prestwich
4 of the PCs in the library are available for staff and guest users. Appointments to use the computers are not required, but reservations can be made in advance by contacting the library on email@example.com or 0161 358 1772. Appointments are available 08.30-16:30 Monday to Friday.
Booking Virtual Training and Inductions
The Library and Knowledge Service offers virtual training sessions on literature searching, accessing our e-resources and using your Athens account over MS Teams. We can also provide virtual library inductions to groups and individuals.
Library staff are available to run virtual training and induction sessions Monday-Friday between 08:30-16:30.
To book a one-to-one or group session, please email Library@gmmh.nhs.uk and provide a few preferred dates and times for the training/induction to take place. Once your session has been booked you will receive confirmation and an MS Teams invitation which will contain a link to the session and joining instructions.
Please note, you need to register for a free OpenAthens account before attending the training. You can register for an OpenAthens account here: https://openathens.nice.org.uk/
As a service user, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support.
Find resources for carers and service users Contact the Trust