Working for Bolton’s mental health and addiction services
We employ over 500 people who make sure that essential mental health and addiction services are provided to over 285,000 residents in the Bolton Borough. Our people are enthusiastic, dynamic, and committed to providing care and treatment to support people to live well.
Bolton is one of the largest towns in England and has everything you need to have a great experience working here, including world-leading health, leisure and academic facilities, The University of Bolton’s prospering campus and officially the friendliest people in Britain!
Bolton prides itself on social diversity and equal opportunity with a growing multi-cultural population. What’s more, Bolton is only 20 minutes away from Manchester city centre by train.
We are proud to deliver mental health and addiction services to the communities in Bolton and at our Rivington Unit in Royal Bolton Hospital.
If you are newly qualified, or have years of experience, we will have an opportunity to suit you. We have vacancies across all disciplines – from nurses to psychologists, administrators to consultants.
Our Bolton division is fast paced, vibrant, dynamic, and proactive. We are seeking staff that are enthusiastic, with a desire to improve patients recovery journey.
We are forward-thinking, determined and passionate about the care and treatment we provide. We aim to provide a high-quality, safe and effective service to every person. We encourage staff professional development; peer support and regular case debrief and formulations.
- Largest mental health provider in Greater Manchester with focus on delivering excellent mental health care.
- Support for flexible and less than full-time working as well as working from home options.
- Opportunities to pursue a special interest.
- As part of our ‘digital first’ approach, it’s important to us that our staff are digitally enabled.
- The Trust is highly active in research and innovation and has links with a number of local universities.
- Clear framework for interested colleagues to develop management and leadership skills and take up positions in leadership and management.
- Access to in-house training including a Recovery Academy.
- All our employees receive a range of benefits, from access to training and development opportunities to salary sacrifice schemes, like the Car Lease and Cycle to Work schemes, and excellent discounts on high street and online shopping.
- Structured and supported approach to appraisal and revalidation.
- Agreed process for career breaks.
- Relocation package for consultant posts.
What our staff say:
"GMMH Bolton is very keen upon service improvement and keen to keep patient voice at the centre"
"We pull our own weight and support our colleagues when things are hard"
"This is a place where growth and development is encouraged"