Specialist Perinatal Careers
The Specialist Perinatal Service is a passionate, dynamic and committed team and as part of our expansion plans, we are looking to recruit people from a variety of professions. We have bases in South Manchester, Prestwich and Crumpsall and work across all ten boroughs across Greater Manchester to provide excellent care to families with children. We are one of the largest Specialist Perinatal Team in the country and pride ourselves on the expertise and compassion of our staff.
"I absolutely love the complexity of the job, there are so many layers and variation. No two days are the same, despite more than twenty years of mental health nursing, I’m learning something new every day.”
- Laura Bradley. Perinatal Community Mental Health Team Leader
Our team works with small caseloads of women and people who are pregnant or in the post-natal period experiencing mental health difficulties, at this important time in their lives. This is a rewarding and varied role working with our colleagues across the Perinatal Pathway, including maternity, health visiting, IAPT and Infant mental health.
Our service makes a real difference to women, their families, and their children at a critical time in their lives. Here's what one service user said about their time with the team:
My husband and I were celebrating his birthday last week and reflecting on how our lives couldn't be any more different to this time a year ago. It struck me that you probably never hear from people again after all that intense contact at the time when they desperately need your services.
So I just wanted to let you know that we're all really well and happy now as a family of four- our youngest just turned one, my older son's about to start primary school in September, we've recently got back from our first family holiday abroad and I just got a promotion at work. Life couldn't be much better - which would have been wholly unbelievable to me if you'd told me back then that I'd be here in a year's time! I'm very grateful for how you helped to bring me back from the brink.
Our expansion means we are welcoming new staff roles into the service and enhancing our offer to women and people who are pregnant or in the perinatal period, with specific focus on parent-infant bonding interventions, occupational therapy, social care, and psychological therapy offers.
We are really keen to invite people who have lived experienced and diverse backgrounds that represent the communities we serve into our service in any of our roles.
These roles include:
The Specialist Perinatal Service prides itself on supporting and developing its team members and whether you have years of experience or are new to perinatal mental health we will provide you with a comprehensive induction and time to settle into your new role.
Why work for us
- Largest mental health provider in Greater Manchester with focus on delivering excellent mental health care.
- Support for flexible and less than full-time working as well as working from home options.
- Opportunities to develop your psychotherapeutic skills.
- As part of our ‘digital first’ approach, it is important to us that our staff are digitally enabled.
- The Trust is highly active in research and innovation and has links with a number of local universities.
- Clear framework for interested colleagues to develop management and leadership skills and take up positions in leadership and management.
- Access to in-house training including a Recovery Academy.
- All our employees receive a range of benefits, from access to training and development opportunities to salary sacrifice schemes, like the Car Lease and Cycle to Work schemes, and excellent discounts on high street and online shopping.
- Structured and supported approach to appraisal and revalidation.
- Agreed process for career breaks.
- Relocation package for consultant posts.
As a service user, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support.
Find resources for carers and service users Contact the Trust