Trafford Primary Care Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
The Primary Care Mental Health Wellbeing Service (PCMHWS) is a new mental health and social prescribing service for people with a Trafford GP. We can provide short-term mental health support when you need it most.
How does it work?
Once you have been referred to us, you will be contacted by a member of our team who will discuss your referral. We will then arrange an appointment with you in a convenient place.
How does this service help?
Some people will benefit from some extra support that can help them get to where they want to be. This service will identify what is important to you and what support you need. We can provide brief interventions to help you get back to where you want to be.
The aims of the service:
The aim of this service is to help you to improve your mental and physical health, and feeling of general wellbeing. We can offer a wide range of support including:
- Mental health support e.g. a detailed mental health assessment with one of our mental health practitioners, doctors or pharmacist to see what your needs are.
- Emotional support e.g. talking through your worries and concerns with one of our team.
- Medication advice e.g. our pharmacist can call you to discuss medications and advise your GP if any changes are needed.
- Practical help e.g. advice and guidance around housing options.
- Help if you wish to change your lifestyle e.g. stop smoking, become more active, reduce/manage alcohol & drug use, achieve a healthy weight, eat healthily.
- Help to access a range of community groups and services.
- Help you improve your physical health e.g. supporting you to attend appointments
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) e.g. counseling, CBT.
- Transport help e.g. applying for a bus pass.
- Social activities e.g. friendship groups, arts & crafts, leisure activities.
- Befriending to beat loneliness.
- Help you navigate services.
COVID – 19 Service Update
Due to the current climate we offering everyone who is referred to PCMHWS the opportunity to have their appointment virtually via Microsoft Teams. All that you will need to do is follow these instructions to access this software and to connect with one of our team.
Video consultation - Microsoft Teams
You will receive an invitation to the video consultation via email.
You can join the consultation through either:
1 – A mobile device (e.g. Smartphone, iPad).
2 – A modern web browser on a laptop or PC with a camera & microphone installed (e.g. Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari).
To join through a browser, click the 'Join Teams Meeting' link in your email on the relevant device and follow the on - screen instructions.
Joining a video consultation - Microsoft Teams (mobile device).
If you do not have the Teams app installed on your phone, please install it through the App store or Play Store.
1 – Open the email invite, which will have details of your appointment.
2 – At the time of your appointment click the ‘Join Teams Meeting’ link.
3 – Select to open in Teams, then select ‘Join as a guest’.
4 – Type your name and click ‘Join Meeting.’
5 – You will be connected to the consultation and someone will accept your request soon.