Roles for service users and carers
We are committed to working and engaging with service users, patients, family, friends, carers and the public in a wide range of ways.
Ensuring that people’s views are heard at all levels and across all parts of the Trust is essential for creating and delivering better health and care services.
Service users and people who look after someone can get involved in the following ways:
- Providing your views as a representative at a service improvement meeting or working group.
- Getting involved in the recruitment and selection process of staff.
- Helping inspect our buildings for the purposes of audit or PLACE Inspection (Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment).
- Co-deliver our training (as part of the Trust induction or as a Course Tutor for our Recovery Academy)
- Speaking at an event
- Contributing to the development of policies or reviewing information
- And many more.
You will be paid for your time. The rate of pay is £10 per hour. Payment for mileage will be reimbursed at the same rate as our staff who use their own vehicle for business mileage (currently 56p per mile).
When a vacancy is advertised, we are looking for applications from lots of people who have used GMMH’s services, particularly in the last six months, as well as their carers and families.
There may also be occasions when someone with experience of our services over six months ago, either directly themselves, or indirectly as a family member/carer, can apply for a role.
Current opportunities are listed on this page, below, and/or advertised by flyers and on noticeboards in the services where roles are available.