Discharge Planning, Aftercare and Relapse Prevention
The course focuses on the nature and process of relapse and how to effectively support service users in minimising the risk of it through robust, negotiated and agreed discharge and aftercare planning. The content for the day will include asset-based aftercare planning, composition and frameworks; the role and inclusion of peer support and mutual aid; approaches to discharge and aftercare planning and relapse prevention; and approaches and interventions to relapse events.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe the nature and process of relapse
- discuss the importance of developing recovery capital
- outline the role of mutual aid and peer support for people in recovery
- explain the importance of effective discharge and aftercare planning
- summarise behavioural based relapse prevention approaches
- recognise the role of medication in relapse prevention.
Who is this course for?
This one day course is aimed at all staff and volunteers who work with substance misusers.
|Duration||One full day|
|Venue||Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 3BL.|
Please note that all course dates, times and locations will be confirmed closer to the date.