Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT+) Staff Network
The Greater Manchester Mental Health Trust (GMMH) Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Trans (LGBT+) Staff Network aims to work in partnership with GMMH to create a safe, inclusive and diverse working environment that encourages respect and equality for all and a space that values and recognises the differences between sexual orientation and gender identity and works proactively to address these.
Membership is open to all GMMH staff and students on placement who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and those with a positive interest in driving forward diversity and inclusion within GMMH as an employee. To be inclusive we are using the widest terminology of LGBT+ for membership of the network.
- Providing a regular forum for discussing diversity issues at work
- Providing networking opportunities
- Offering support, advice and information to LGBT+ staff members
- Discussing and actioning feedback on LGBT+ staff-related issues
- Gaining feedback from LGBT staff, which is then fed back into appropriate GMMH forums
- Disseminating LGBT related information to all staff across GMMH
- Organising social events.
I'm LGBT+, how can I join the Network?
The LGBT+ staff network meets on a monthly basis in a range of venues across Greater Manchester.
Email Peter.Smith@gmmh.nhs.uk, Chair of the LGBT+ Staff Network
Email Katie.Sutton@gmmh.nhs.uk, Co-Chair of the LGBT+ Staff Network
Meeting Dates and Times
Wednesday 27 January 3pm – 4:30pm
Wednesday 17 March 10am – 11:30am
Wednesday 12 May 5:30pm - 7pm
Wednesday 21 July 3pm – 4:30pm
Wednesday 15 September 10am -11:30am
Wednesday 17 November 5:30 - 7pm
I'm not LGB or T, how can I support this area of work?
If you would like to know more about, get involved with, or support the LGBT+ Staff Network, but don't identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or binary, contact Peter.Smith@gmmh.nhs.uk.
Stonewall has produced guidance on how non-LGBT+ ‘allies’ can support LGBT+ equality at work: