Best Choices is a recovery-focussed service, who can supporting you to access community, leisure, voluntary or employment opportunities, promoting well-being, self-esteem, confidence, choice and independence. We will also work with you to explore, identify and achieve your personal goals.
Our service is built around group and one-to-one support based on your individual needs and interests. Everyone who comes to our service will work with a named key worker from our team of experienced and approachable staff. Your key worker will be your main point of contact with the service and will support you to identify and achieve your goals.
We can provide support to access opportunities in your community. This is based around your personal interests and goals but, if you aren’t sure where to start, we have knowledge of a range of organisations and projects, many of which provide an opportunity to build on the work you may have already done within our groups.
Paid and voluntary employment
We can work with you to:
- Identify employment, voluntary work and work experience opportunities that interest you
- Identify your employment-related training needs
- Complete job searches, CV's and application forms
- Practice interview techniques
- Support you in the workplace in the initial stages of a new role
- Support you in the workplace, including liaison with your employer, if your current employment is at risk of breaking down
- Provide advice about additional support you may be entitled via national programmes including 'Permitted work' (earn without affecting sickness-related benefit entitlement) and 'Access to work' (financial support to meet employment needs e.g. travel costs, specialist equipment).