We want to make sure that the people we support and our staff are as safe as possible during appointments at our services throughout this time of the Coronavirus pandemic and are asking for your help by:
- Not attending your appointment if you have any Coronavirus symptoms.
- Not attending your appointment if you have been in contact with anyone who has displayed symptoms of coronavirus, or who has confirmed to be coronavirus positive, in the 14 days prior to your appointment.
- Not attending your appointment if you are feeling generally unwell, and/or have any other bacterial or viral infection symptoms (not just COVID-19).
The symptoms are:
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour or, 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you have noticed you cannot smell or taste anything or, things smell or taste different to normal.
If any of the above apply to you, please let us know as soon as possible so that your appointment can be rearranged.
Attending your appointment
- Attend your appointment at the service on your own, if there are exceptional circumstances and you need someone to attend with you please let us know at least an hour before your appointment so we can make suitable and safe arrangements. This will help to avoid large groups of people waiting in small spaces with no room to safely distance.
- Do not arrive at the service more than 5 minutes before your appointment time. If you are early, you may be asked to return closer to your appointment time. This will help to avoid groups of people waiting in small spaces.
- Only use the clearly marked entrance and exit doors.
- The space we have at our services is limited, therefore we will be limiting the number of people within the building to ensure at least a minimum social distancing space to keep everyone as safe as possible. Therefore, we ask for your patience as you may experience a delay in entering the building.
- Please wear a face covering from the time you enter the service until you leave the service. If you do not have a face covering on arrival you will be provided with one. Please remember you must wear a face covering if you are using public transport to get to your appointment. For more information about the use of face coverings whilst attending your appointment, visit: https://www.gmmh.nhs.uk/the-use-of-face-coverings-when-coming-to-gmmh.
- Please keep 2 metres apart and to follow all guidance arrows and other displayed distancing instructions.
- Please maintain good hand hygiene by washing your hands regularly (after touching your face, going to the toilet, before and after eating etc.), and make use of hand sanitiser gel which is situated at all entrances and exits. For more information about good hand hygiene, visit: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/best-way-towash-your-hands/.
If you have any questions about your appointment please contact the service as soon as possible
Please note, this document is meant to act as a general guide for appointments at GMMH. If you have any specific requirements, please contact the service in advance.
Many thanks in advance for your assistance.
Download our Attending Appointments foldable leaflet here: Leaflet - Coming to your appointment.pdf