Substance Misuse for Mental Health Practitioners
The aim of this one-day course is to increase mental health practitioner’s knowledge of substance misuse, including: different drug groups; types of drug use and key terms; modes of administration; drug treatment and interventions; substance misuse and mental health; defining dual diagnosis; an overview of best practice guidance for working with dual diagnosis; and, understanding the need for collaboration between mental health services and substance misuse services.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Understand the main drug groups and the effects and risks commonly used drugs within each group
- Understand routes of administration
- Understand the law as it relates to drugs
- Understand the link between substance misuse and mental ill health
- Understand treatment options for people experiencing problems with their use of alcohol and other drugs
- Understand the importance of partnership working between mental health and substance misuse services
Who is this course for?
Anybody working in mental health services who has an interest or wants further information on substance misuse can apply for this course.
|Duration||1 full day|
|Venue||Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Bury New Road, Prestwich M25 3BL|
Please note, training can be delivered at a venue of your choice subject to numbers.