Level 4: Facilitating Groupwork
The Level 4 Facilitating Groupwork is a programme of learning that has been quality endorsed by Open Awards. The Facilitating Group Work training course focus is on developing group work skills that are applicable across a wide range of formats and settings. The course includes:
- considering group formats and functions
- exploring core requirements in group work
- sharing experiences and providing ideas and practical tips for preparing for and running groups
- offering opportunities to reflect on practice
- increasing confidence and competence in handling difficult situations that may arise in group work.
This two-day unit plus independent learning will offer participants the chance to receive 4 Level 4 credits from Open Awards for successful completion.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- know about different approaches to group work
- understand key facilitation styles for effective group facilitation
- be able to demonstrate effective group planning and promotion methods
- understand the recognised stages of group development
- be able to demonstrate the implementation and management of a group
- be able to summarise the key factors in the group process.
Who is the course for?
The course is recommended for anybody planning to run or co-facilitate any type of group or as a refresher for anybody who is currently facilitating group work.
Participants will be expected to submit a good standard of written work.
|Duration||2 full days plus independent learning|
|Venue||Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Bury New Road, Prestwich M25 3BL|
Please note, training can be delivered at a venue of your choice subject to numbers.
As a service user, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support.
Find resources for carers and service users Contact the Trust