Level 4: Facilitating Groupwork
The Level 4 Facilitating Groupwork is a programme of learning that has been quality endorsed by Open Awards. The Facilitating Group Work training course focus is on developing group work skills that are applicable across a wide range of formats and settings. The course includes:
- considering group formats and functions
- exploring core requirements in group work
- sharing experiences and providing ideas and practical tips for preparing for and running groups
- offering opportunities to reflect on practice
- increasing confidence and competence in handling difficult situations that may arise in group work.
This two-day unit plus independent learning will offer participants the chance to receive 4 Level 4 credits from Open Awards for successful completion.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- know about different approaches to group work
- understand key facilitation styles for effective group facilitation
- be able to demonstrate effective group planning and promotion methods
- understand the recognised stages of group development
- be able to demonstrate the implementation and management of a group
- be able to summarise the key factors in the group process.
Who is the course for?
The course is recommended for anybody planning to run or co-facilitate any type of group or as a refresher for anybody who is currently facilitating group work.
Participants will be expected to submit a good standard of written work.
|Duration||2 full days plus independent learning|
|Venue||Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Bury New Road, Prestwich M25 3BL|
Please note, training can be delivered at a venue of your choice subject to numbers.