Level 3: Award in Supporting Recovery
The Level 3 Specialist Practitioner Skills (Supporting Recovery) training course is quality assured through Open Awards. This three-day unit will offer participants the chance to receive 3 Level 3 credits from Open Awards for successful completion. The course is a taught training programme using a range of delivery methods and aims to meet a wide range of learning & development needs for practitioners.
"Getting to know other people's views from different areas. The presentation was easy to view."
By the end of the course, learners will:
- Understand the UK Drug Policy Commission 'Vision of Recovery'
- Understand the importance of 'Recovery Capital'
- Understand the relationship between hope, choice, freedom and aspiration to recovery
- Understand the importance of community assets as part of recovery
- Understand the role of Recovery Champions, Recovery Networks and Mutual Aid
Who is this course for?
This course would be suitable for anybody who wants to develop their knowledge and skills working with substance misusers. It is particularly suitable for anybody working in a 'face to face' capacity with substance misusers (e.g. support workers, group workers, drug and alcohol workers, nurses and social workers).
- Anybody who has an interest or wants further information on Recovery within Substance Misuse can apply for this course.
A good standard of written work.
IT skills (word processing, power-point and searching the internet).
|Duration||3 days plus tutorials|
|Venue||Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust|