This two-day training focuses on process skills to help facilitators in planning and running effective groups. The main emphasis is on developing group work skills that are applicable across a wide range of settings, sharing experiences and promoting good practice, providing ideas and practical tips for preparing for and running groups that help people make positive changes. This course is based on the Level 4 Facilitating Groupwork course albeit there is no formal assessment.
By the end of the course, participants will
- know about different approaches to group work
- understand key facilitation styles for effective group facilitation
- be able to demonstrate effective group planning and promotion methods
- understand the recognised stages of group development
- be able to demonstrate the implementation and management of a group
- be able to summarise the key factors in the group process
Who is the course for?
The course is recommended for anybody planning to run or co-facilitate any type of group or as a refresher for anybody who is currently facilitating group work.
|Venue||Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Bury New Road, Prestwich M25 3BL|
Please note, training can be delivered at a venue of your choice subject to numbers