Detoxification and Prescribing for Substance Misusers
By the end of this programme, participants will have discussed and will be able to describe the range of medications used in the stabilisation, maintenance, detoxification and relapse prevention for service users with a history of substance misuse.
Areas covered will include prescribing for illicit substance users, prescribing for alcohol users, community vs inpatient detox, detox processes, medicated recovery and prescribing for relapse prevention.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- explain the nature and purpose of maintenance prescribing
- outline and differentiate the characteristics of community and in-patient detoxification prescribing
- explain the role of prescribed medication throughout an individuals recovery journey
- list the range of medications most commonly prescribed for relapse prevention
- summarise the relevant legislation and government guidance in relation to prescribing in substance misuse services
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who works or volunteers in a health or social care setting who comes into to contact with people who use drugs or alcohol at dependent levels and wish to improve their knowledge of prescribing and detoxification options for service users.
|Venue||Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Bury New Road, Prestwich M25 3BL|
Please note that all course dates, times and locations will be confirmed closer to the date.