An Introduction to Chemsex
About the course
The aim of this one-day course is to increase participant’s knowledge of sexualised drug use by gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) in the Chemsex environment, and emerging drugs and sex-related trends amongst other groups.
Topics covered on this course include what Chemsex is; the main drugs associated with Chemsex; motivations for Chemsex; and risks and concerns associated with Chemsex.
By the end of the course, participants will
- define and describe Chemsex
- identify the drugs that are commonly used in the Chemsex environment
- recognise the risks of STI’s and BBV’s for those involved in Chemsex
- discuss issues of consent in sexualised drug use
- recognise motivations for engaging in Chemsex
- discuss ways of supporting individuals involved in Chemsex
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to improve their knowledge of ‘Chemsex’ and whose work or volunteering brings them into contact with those who are engaged in sexualised drug use.
|Duration||One full day|
|Venues||Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 3BL.|
Please note that all course dates, times and locations will be confirmed closer to the date.