Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMW) have launched their 2014 Governor Elections and are looking for Trust members to nominate themselves to help shape mental health services. Governors play a crucial role in speaking up for members of the Foundation Trust, help influence decision making within services provided and make sure GMW services meet the needs of the community.
Any member of the Trust is eligible to become a governor in their constituency. If someone is not a member they can complete a quick and simple online membership form on the GMW website. GMW is holding 12 seats for the Governor Elections this year.
The following seats are available:
- Bolton: two seats
- Salford: one seat
- Trafford: two seats
Service User and Carer Constituency
- Substance misuse: one seat
- Users of mental health services: two seats
- Healthcare clinical – Nursing: one seat
- Health Care Clinical – Allied Health Professional: one seat
- Non clinical: two seats
GMW is hosting Governor Information Drop-in sessions where prospective candidates can meet GMW’s Lead Governor and Chair of GMW to find out more about the roles and responsibilities of becoming a Governor. These take place on 13th and 20th May at the Waterdale Restaurant, Bury New Road, Prestwich, M25 3BL, between 12pm and 2pm.
Alan Maden, Chair of GMW said, “GMW is committed to being at the forefront of providing excellent mental health services with quality care and governor input is vital and valued throughout this. GMW governors are an essential link between the Trust, its members and communities. I welcome all current and future members to come to the governor Information drop ins and get a taste of what it’s like to be a Governor at GMW”
UK engage are running this year’s Governor elections on behalf of GMW. To request a nomination form phone 0345 209 3770, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text: ‘GMW’ to 07583 419 200 (If you contact them by email, post or text please include your full name and address.) Information and forms are also available at www.uk-engage.org/gmw.
Nominations need to be received by 5.00pm on Friday 23rd May 2014.
Notes for Editors
- Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMW) provides district mental health services in Bolton, Salford and Trafford. GMW also provides substance misuse services in Bolton, Salford, Trafford, Wigan and Leigh, Blackburn with Darwen, Central Lancashire and Cumbria.
- GMW delivers specialist mental health and substance misuse inpatient services throughout Greater Manchester and the wider North.
For media enquiries, contact the press office on 0161 772 3985 or email email@example.com