Date: Friday 13th November 2015
Venue: The Curve
Bury New Road
Cost:Free, lunch provided
Dementia affects 850,000 people in the UK and this is expected to rise to over two million by 2051 – greater than the entire population of Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham combined (Alzheimer’s UK). With this in mind it is important we take action now and support research that could help improve the lives of those affected by this condition.
This event will focus on dementia research from various people’s perspectives and will include research relevant to GMW. A full programme will be issued shortly. Speakers include:
- Ira Leroi – Clinical senior Lecturer, Honorary consultant in Psychiatry & Dementia Director at DeNDRoN Northwest
- Angela Parker – Research Delivery Manager: Dementias and neurodegeneration (DeNDRoN), mental health, neurological disorders and stroke
- Gillian Drummond – Dementia Quality Lead
- Lesley Jones – Advanced Practitioner for Dementia
- John Keady - Professor of Mental Health Nursing and Older People
It is open to GMW clinicians, service users and their carers.
- Attendance is via booking form only and can be requested from Faiza Ahmed at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0161 772 3671
- Always get permission from your Line Manager
- Places are limited
- Please call or email if you have a service user of carer who might be interested