Wigan and Leigh - TEXT
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of community based services across the north west.
See below for details of services in Wigan and Leigh.
Early Detection and Intervention Team (EDIT)
About our service
Early Detection and Intervention Team (EDIT) is a specialist psychological therapy service that works with young people aged 14 – 35 years who are experiencing distress and symptoms such as:
- Hearing or seeing things that others cannot
- Feeling paranoid or suspicious of people or certain situations
- Unusually high or low moods
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Having difficulty concentrating and being easily distracted
"Learning to talk and see that I am normal and that everybody experiences problems. I have felt calmer and more able to look forward and deal with life rather than keep myself prisoner."
What we do?
- We aim to help people get their life back on track
- To prevent difficulties getting worse
- Taking a preventative stance without labelling or judgement
- To help prevent people from developing further mental health difficulties
We accept referrals for individuals living in the following areas:
- Ashton, Wigan and Leigh
We accept referrals from any individual who is seeking help and consenting to treatment, please contact us using the telephone number provided. We also take referrals from health and education professionals.