Wellbeing Support for NHS and GMMH Staff
We understand that you may be feeling worried or concerned.
You are not on your own – we are all in this together.
Please find lots of information, support and activities for your mental and physical wellbeing below.
* Where the below information references NHS Staff, this also includes anyone volunteering for the NHS *
To access some of the below you will need an NHS email address.
- The NHS has launched a mental health helpline to support NHS staff as they help people deal with the coronavirus. NHS staff will be able to call or text a free number staffed by thousands of specially trained volunteers, to receive support and advice for the pressures they face every day during the global health emergency.
The volunteers will listen to NHS staff and give psychological support to those in need. Anyone who requires further help will be signposted to other services ranging from practical and financial assistance through to specialist bereavement and psychological support.
To contact the NHS helpline, phone 0300 131 7000, or text FRONTLINE to 85258. The phone line will be open between 7am and 11pm every day, while the text service will be 24/7.
- NHS Bereavement Helpline: The NHS recognises the difficulties and challenges that losing a loved one can bring and have set up a bereavement helpline to offer support and advice to families, friends and carers.
To speak to a trained nurse, call 0800 2600 400. The helpline is open 8am to 8pm every day. More information: NHS Bereavement Helpline Information Sheet.pdf
- The Queen's Nursing Institute has launched a new listening service for registered nurses. To find out about how the new service works, please visit our website: https://www.qni.org.uk/help-for-nurses/the-listening-service/
Support for GMMH Staff
- You can contact PAM Assist, GMMH's confidential Employee Assistance Programme, 24 hours a day 7 days a week to speak to someone confidentially. PAM Assist offers a wealth of information around your lifestyle, food, your mental and physical health and what's going on in your world.
To contact PAM Assist, employees can telephone 0800 882 4102 or visit www.pamassist.co.uk (for access to this, please email internalHR@gmmh.nhs.uk.) If an employee feels unable to contact PAM Assist directly, their manager can make a referral to PAM Assist on their behalf.
- HR and OD are here to support you – we understand you may have queries about your employment, so do not hesitate to get in touch - contact 0161 358 1942 or internalHR@gmmh.nhs.uk. Supporting Agile working - We are encouraging flexible working where possible. If you feel you would benefit from this, speak to your line manager or HR.
Rest and Relaxation Centre
- A new rest and relaxation centre for frontline NHS staff has opened at the Etihad Campus tp provide staff with a safe space to unwind during the COVID pandemic. The Rest and Relaxation is in the National Squash Centre and can be easily accessed by public transport or car, with parking available on site. The new centre will be open 7:30am-10:00pm. For your safety and protection the site is being cleaned throughout the day to NHS standards.
- Facilities will includes:
- Quiet rooms and chill out spaces
- Free Wifi
- Running track
- Exercise facilities set in 4meter of space
- Changing rooms, lockers and shower
- Breakfast – hot and cold choices 8:30am – 10:30am
- Lunch and Dinner – Hot and cold meals served from 12:00pm – 7:00pm
- Snacks, fruit, tea, coffee and cold drinks served throughout the day
- Working space and meeting room
- Getting there
- Parking: There is free parking outside the National Squash Centre.
- Bus: From Piccadilly, no.216 bus to Etihad Stadium and is approximately 3 minute walk to centre.
- Tram: You can catch a tram from St Peter’s Square to the Etihad Campus on the Ashton-under-Lyne line.
- The Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) website contains route planners, to find your way from anywhere in Manchester, as well as downloadable timetables.
- Map: https://goo.gl/maps/JtJDe3vx8FZcFfEVA
- Leaflet: Thank You NHS staff.pdf
Free Bike Hire for NHS Staff based in Manchester
- Working with TfGM & Manchester Bike Hire, to provide bikes for key workers.
This scheme is available to all Manchester staff, but primarily designed for people that can’t get to work through other means.
here are a range of bikes available on loan, and they come with helmets, lights and bike locks. Please follow this link manchesterbikehire.co.uk/bikehire/index.html to book a bike.
Cycles for Key Workers
- Sustrans have created an interactive map to help key workers find bike offers and services in their area.
- Find out more: https://www.sustrans.org.uk/campaigns/cycles-for-key-workers/
Priority Shopping, Deals and Discounts
NHS workers have been inundated with kind offers of support from a wide range of companies – from discounted taxi rides, to dedicated supermarket shopping times, to free food and discounted products.
NHS England and NHS Improvement has been working to verify these offers and bring them into a single place, so that NHS staff can take advantage of them. This list includes offers across supermarkets, food and transport as well as how to access the offers, and any terms and conditions to be aware of.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list (check the link for up to date info) and it will be updated regularly with any changes and new offers: www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/publication/list-of-nhs-staff-offers/
NHS Employers National priority shopping and discounts for NHS staff
Blue Light Card Say Thank You Campaign
In response to Coronavirus, Blue Light Card have launched the Say Thank You campaign. They have enlisted the help of retailers across the UK; asking them to ramp up their offers, discounts and freebies and make sure that - when your team members aren’t at work - they can save their time and their money.
You can find all 'Say Thank You' discounts on their website: https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/bluelightcardnewsdetails.php?id=113.
- The British Malt Loaf maker, are giving thanks to the NHS, key workers and supporting charities by providing thousands of Soreen snacks to those in need across the UK.
- The Manchester-based company have teamed up with Checkout Smart to offer NHS staff and key workers at the front lines of the coronavirus thousands of free products from its snacking range.
- NHS staff, key workers or people on behalf of those workers can visit: www.checkoutsmart.com/soreen, enter their details and redeem Soreen products free of charge.
Mobile Phone Deals
- Minutes - all pay monthly customers now have unlimited minutes, automatically added to account from 1 April 2020, do not need to apply. Current expiry date 30 April, but expect it to be extended. Information on website
- Data – email email@example.com from your NHS email account with your name and mobile phone number and 10 GB of data will be added to your account for three months from when you apply; deadline for application is 22 May 2020.
- Register with EE at www.perks.ee.co.uk create an account to gain access to discounts, which includes 20% of your pay monthly plan or unlimited data until end of October, (this may be extended)
- 20% off your current plan as an existing customer, or can be applied to a new contract; access discount codes from www.perks.ee.co.uk
- Data – phone 07953 966 250 (I selected option 2 then option 4), you will be asked for a work phone number and NHS email address, the customer advisor I spoke to advised they are allowing customers to email a copy of their NHS id badge to qualify for the offer.
- All plans have unlimited minutes and texts
- Offer for unlimited data – accessed via the Vodafone app, very me rewards, need to register working for the NHS and provide your NHS email address.
- Data – all customers will have 10 GB of data automatically added to their account
- Additional 5000 minutes, 5000 texts and 500GB data available until 1 June 2020 for certain frontline workers.
- Unlimited data - Contact BT on 0800 800 150, state volunteer for GMMH, and applying for unlimited data and provide them with your GMMH email address. BT will send an email to the GMMH account, you need to reply to it to verify the details. BT will apply the unlimited data to your account. Currently there is no expiry date on this offer.
Rick Astley has announced a free concert for all NHS frontline staff
- Primary Care workers and all blue light staff performing a career-spanning set on Wednesday 28 October 2020 at Manchester Arena. Tickets available from Thursday 2 April at 7pm www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F00587FB4AA0C41
Free will writing worth £200
- Accord Legal Services wants to ‘give something back’ to key workers so are offering free will writing service across the country.
- People working in NHS organisations across the country have taken them up on the offer, including those from Norfolk and Norwich University Foundation Trust and East of England Ambulance Service.
- A spokesperson for Accord said: “This pandemic has proved that none of us know what is around the corner. Making a Will may not be at the top of everybody’s list of priorities right now, but it is nonetheless vitally important. We want to make it easier than ever before for our key workers to cross this task off their to-do list.”
- For more information call 0843 5065115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
London-based freebies for NHS staff
- Here to Help London has been helping London's COVID-19 key workers by providing lots of different freebies in London.
- As a show of gratitude for the work of GMMH, Here to Help London's partner Blue Orchid Hotels is offering 'Gifts of Kindness', such as free accommodation, afternoon tea, etc.
- If you are, or plan to be, in London soon, why not check out their offers?https://www.blueorchid.com/en/nhs_GiftKindness.html
Lily’s Kitchen Proper Treats for Dogs
- Get treats for your dogs sent to your home
- Simply fill in your details here: https://e.samplmarketing.com/session/lilys-kitchen-ambassadors-july?verified_source=5efc96c13523b
Please note, GMMH does not endorse any particular company or product.