Salford Community Engagement Recovery Team
About our service
The Community Engagement Recovery Team (CERT) helps to enhance and maintain, service users’ role in society, including supporting them into continued employment. Our aim is to improve the quality of mental health and wellbeing of our service users.
We proactively supports those who are seeking employment, it encourages service users to develop social contacts, promotes independence and is a factor in preventing both physical and mental health difficulties. The ethos of CERT (a non-clinical team in a clinical organisation), is to think outside traditional roles within the caring profession and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
Volunteers are fundamental to the work of CERT and they are crucial partners within the organisation delivering and supporting a range of activities which enrich, enable and drive positive change within the community.
We help our service users in the following ways:
- Retaining their current employment and have successfully returned into work after a period of sickness.
- Successfully winning disability tribunal appeal hearings for service users; this ensures individuals continue to receive the correct welfare benefits they are entitled to.
- Secured a variety of welfare benefit claims (new and renewals) for service users; this ensures they receive the correct welfare benefits they are entitled to.
- Support service users to gain paid employment both full and part time.
- Successfully put a number of service users on job placements and vounteering roles, within the local authority.