Domestics Open Day
We are inviting you to join us at our Domestics Open Day on Saturday 17th June between 10am-3pm, at The Curve building within Prestwich Hospital. Our supervisor and management team will be in attendance on the day to answer any questions about the role, as-well as giving you the opportunity to be interviewed on the day.
Please apply online to this vacancy or alternatively you can fill out an online application form on the day to secure a vacancy with our team.
Please register your interest in the event here.
Who are we?
We are Soft Service, part of the Facilities Team and manage a variety of teams across the Greater Manchester footprint.
Meadowbrook – Porters and Domestics
Moorside - Trafford – Domestics
Bolton – Domestics
Woodlands – Porters and Domestics
Prestwich site – Porters, Domestics, Rapid Response Team
Park House – Porters and Domestics
Atherleigh Park - Porters and Domestics
Ramsgate House – Domestics
Cromwell House – Domestics
Bramley Street – Domestics
Wentworth House – Domestics
Prescott House – Domestics
Our team is a large team with over 200 members of staff and is managed from a central hub based at Prestwich, although we do have supervisors based at all our inpatient sites where our domestics are based. We are the largest single team at GMMH.
Our service is delivered 365 days a year. All new starters are contracted to work early shifts (usually starting at between 7am and 8.30am dependent on the area) and late shifts (this can be up until 8pm in the evening dependent on the area), one-week early shifts then the following week late shifts, staff are also on a rota. Although we do have vacancies for predominantly late shifts.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive employment package to ensure all of our staff can benefit from their hard work:
• Generous annual leave entitlement: Annual leave entitlement starts at 27 days a year (for full-time workers) plus bank/public holidays, and increases to 29 days after five years’ service and 33 days after 10 years’ service
• Excellent NHS Pension package, fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government
• Flexible working practices
• Maternity Leave entitlement of 52 weeks
• Uniform provision
• Shower and secure cycle facilities
• Amazon parcel collection point
• Special discounts on products and services via Health Service Discounts and Blue Light Card
• Pay enhancements to reward out of hours, shift and on-call working
• Staff newsletter, intranet and internet access
• Learning and development opportunities to support career progression
• Chaplaincy services
• Occupational Health department dedicated to wellbeing at work
• Annual Staff Achievement Award
Bank – NHS Professionals
If you feel you would rather not join our team on a permanent basis you can always join our bank – the bank is run by NHS Professionals – a leaflet is enclosed with instructions on how to join. You can do this today with support from our staff or at a later date.
- Weekly Pay
- Uniform provided.
- Accrue holiday pay for each hour worked.
- Many of our shifts are not just a one off – on occasion we have to cover Maternity leave or sickness, so it may well be you could be with us for several months.
As a service user, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support.
Find resources for carers and service users Contact the Trust