Job Application Skills
Some people in recovery from mental health and/or substance misuse problems may have been out of education, training or employment for some time.
This course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to be able to apply for education and training courses, as well as jobs. It will help you to identify the qualities you already have and how to present these qualities along with any education and experience you may have.
It will look at CV writing, how to complete an application form so that yours stands out, and interviewing skills.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Identify the skills and qualities you already have to be able to succeed in education and employment
- Learn about different formats for CV writing so that your strengths are highlighted
- Know how to present information about yourself on an application form so that you demonstrate how you meet the requirements for the course or job you are applying for
- Know how to prepare for an interview
- Know how to present yourself at an interview
- Understand the equal opportunities process involved in recruitment and selection, so that you can be one step ahead and increase your chances of success.
“The programme provided me with very useful skills and I now feel much more motivated and confident about applying for jobs.”
Facilitated by: Claire Watson
Date, Time and Venue
12 June 2019 - 10am to 1.30pm
J2 Training Room, 2nd Floor, Royal Bolton Hospital, Minerva Road, Farnworth, Bolton BL4 0JR