Dementia Friends is an Alzheimer’s Society initiative to help members of the public understand what it might be like to live with dementia and then turn that understanding into action. Anyone can become a Dementia Friend and make a difference.
This information session aims to raise awareness about dementia and how it affects people, as well as the practical actions that Dementia Friends can take that could help someone with dementia living in their community.
The session will provide you with information and resources so you feel confident in understanding people’s questions about dementia and where you can direct them to for further information and support.
The sessions are run by Dementia Friends Champions and are fully endorsed by the Alzheimer’s Society.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Learn about dementia and understand its affects
- Understand the impact of dementia on the wider community
- Become familiar with the Dementia Friends campaign and the Prime Ministers challenge on dementia
- Feel more confident in supporting people living with dementia
- Be eligible to register as a National Dementia Friend and be an integral part of the Dementia Friends campaign.
“Information and insight into how people feel when suffering dementia and how to make them feel better/talk to them differently.”
Lead tutor: Trish Goodwin
Dates, Times and Venues
11 March 2020 – 10am to 11.30am
Room 3, The Curve, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester M25 3BL