Co-Production - Getting it right
Today, co-production is a hot topic in mental health, but do any of us really know what it means and how to do it?
This course will explore what it is, its importance in the design and delivery of mental health services, and how we can all do it better, together.
It explores the everyday challenges for everyone involved, but more importantly considers how we can start to overcome some of these challenges so that everyone feels valued and respected.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Consider what co-production is and what it isn’t
- Learn the benefits of co-production and working together in a meaningful way
- Appreciate who to involve and how to recognise their assets
- Learn the core values and principles of coproduction
- Establish how to put these core values and principles into practice
- Learn how to listen and value different perspectives to your own
- Identify the challenges and how to address them
I enjoyed... “The understanding of coproduction and how I can apply the principles to my work and my personal life.”
Lead Tutors: Claire Watson and Terry Corbett
Dates, Times and Venues
25 September 2019 - 10am to 4pm
Room 3, The Curve, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust, Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester M25 3BL