British Sign Language Level 2
This course is designed to enable you to further develop your ability to communicate with Deaf people using British Sign Language, in a range of familiar and workrelated contexts.
You will be able to participate in longer and more open-ended exchanges than at Level 1. You will be able to deal with most routine language tasks and have sufficient grasp of grammar to cope with some non-routine tasks.
A range of topics are studied, which are linked to everyday language use.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Sign vocabulary linked to Level 2 topics
- Use appropriate BSL features when having a conversation and signing a story
- Have a 6-7 minute conversation with your tutor on a chosen theme including Level 2 criteria
- Answer 9-12 questions from a Level 2 story seen on DVD linked to everyday topics
- Sign a 3-5 minute story linked to a chosen theme e.g. travel, shopping and spending, including Level 2 criteria
- Identify events that you can attend in the Deaf community
- Access BSL resources that can be used to support independent learning.
Facilitated by: Minna Moffatt-Feldman from Sign How
15, 22, 29 May, 5, 12, 19, 26 June, 3 July, 10 July, 17 July, 24 July, 31 July, 7, 14, 21, 28, 4 , 11 September 2019 – all 12.30pm to 4.30pm
Sign How, 491 Mill Street, Manchester M11 2AD
BSL Level 2 is the only course in our prospectus where we will charge external organisations for attending. This is because GMMH has to commission Sign How to provide this course. The cost of this course is £445 per person. Please note this charge does not apply to service users, carers,
friends and family members of our service users or GMMH staff who will receive this course free of charge.