We all can benefit from learning to get the most from working with others whilst ensuring that our own views are considered. Assertiveness is about having self-confidence without being aggressive.
Being assertive is an important communication skill which could help you to reduce stress and anxiety, control anger as well as improve your self-esteem.
This course will help you to gain assertiveness skills and will provide you with practical techniques to feel more confident in different situations.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what assertiveness means
- Identify barriers to assertiveness and explore ways to overcome them
- Recognise the different communication styles we and others use
- Understand why we use the communication styles we do
- Explore different self-management techniques which promote assertiveness
- Explore the best way to communicate with others to achieve common goals
- Share your experiences to promote shared learning within the group.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about skills and techniques about how to apply and manage awareness.”
Lead tutors: Claire Watson and Lucy Burthem
Dates, Times and Venues:
2 December 2019 – 10am to 4pm
Training Room, J Block, 2nd Floor, Royal Bolton Hospital, Minerva Road, Farnworth, Bolton BL4 0JR
26 February 2020 – 10am to 4pm
Redbank House, 4 St. Chad’s Street, Manchester M8 8QA